A few weekends ago we visited Boston for the wedding of one of Jeff's high school friends. It was a fantastic time filled with food and catching up. We may have lost our minds, but we took the red eye out. Thankfully, we had Dunkin Donuts as soon as we got off the plane. We were lucky enough to check into our hotel ridiculously early for a nap and followed it up with lunch at one of Jeff's favorite high school lunch spots, Anna's Taqueria.
We've found a growing obsession with pre fixe menus and heard about one at a restaurant called Clio. We decided to try the 9 course dinner and it was delicious. Here's the rundown:
- Unfortunately we don't remember what this was, but it tasted like amazing gravy
- Beet salad with bacon emulsion, pickled strawberries, and molasses chips
- Palate cleanser: tomato "martini"
- Uni with quail egg and caviar
- White asparagus with pine nuts and cured tuna belly
- Skate wing with Thai barbecue sauce
- Lobster tail with corn foam and mushrooms
- Foie gras with bacon cream and pepper jelly
- Venison steak with dehydrated marrow
- Japanese cheesecake, miso ice cream, and sesame toasted rice
- After dinner treat: peanut butter and jelly bonbons
The next day we visited Neptune Oyster Bar. It was a tiny place with some amazing food. We had some stone crab claws that were fairly tasty, but the real gem was the hot Maine lobster roll. It was the most buttery delicious seafood sandwich we had ever tasted.
After stuffing ourselves with seafood, we headed over to Mike's Pastry to get some cannolis to go. They had every kind of baked good imaginable (and every kind of cannoli imaginable as well). We chose lemon and chocolate chip. We ended up eating them as soon as we got back to our hotel room because they looked so delicious.
On the last full day of our trip, we headed north to Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH so Jeff could show me one of his childhood memories: fried dough(and rollercoasters, but not together). It was just as delicious as he remembered. We finished out our day with Lollicup, pizza at Regina Pizzeria, and ice cream at White Mountain Creamery.
This trip turned out to be a refreshing break from reality and we can't wait to go back to visit again soon!