Last week I talked about Jeff's experimentation with batters when frying onions and cheese sticks. This week he decided to make keto "potstickers" since we both really miss Asian dumplings. To do this, he simply made the filling for his normal dumplings then battered and deep fried it with pork rinds.
- 1 lb ground pork (preferably not lean)
- 1.5 lb peeled and de-veined shrimp, minced
- 2 cups finely diced garlic chives
- 1/2 cup finely diced green onions
- 2 cloves finely diced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (fresh cracked if possible)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- egg wash
- ground pork rinds
Combine filling ingredients as if you were making meatballs. Portion into football shapes. Dredge in eggwash and roll in pork rinds. Fry at 375 degrees until golden brown and floating at the top. Cool on wire rack. Serve with your dumpling sauce of choice.